Biennial Conventions 1st-9th (Themes/Titles, Over-all Chair, Dates and Venues, Guest Speakers)
1st Biennial Convention – “Managing Emerging Adolescent Issues in the New Millenium” September 25-26, 2000. Garden Ballroom, Edsa Shangri-la Hotel.
Guest Speaker: Dr. David L. Bennett
Overall Chair: Dr. Rosa Maria H. Nancho
2nd Biennial Convention – “Caring for the Techno-Generation: Addressing the Needs of the New Generations of Adolescents. September 2002. Garden Ballroom, EDSA Shangri-la Hotel.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Robert Blum
Overall Chair: Dr. Agnes Teotico
3rd Biennial Convention – “Red Flags in the Adolescent Health: Recognizing and Assessing Risky Behavior among Adolescents”. September 26-27, 2004. Century Park Hotel, Manila.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Donald Greydanus
Overall Chair: Dr. Ma. Jocelyn Quidlat
4th Biennial Convention – “Defining the Vision for Adolescent health and Well-Being” September 20-21,2006 Century Park Hotel, Manila.
Guest Speaker: Mr. Richard Alvin M. Nalupta
Overall Chair: Dr. Rosalia Buzon
5th Biennial convention – “Pushing Adolescent Health into the Forefront”. September 3-4, 2008. Crowne Plaza Hotel, Ortigas, Pasig.
Guest Speakers: Sen. Francis Pangilinan and Dr. David M.N. Paperny
Overall Chair: Dr. Emma Llanto
6th Biennial Convention – “Adolescents in a Rapidly Changing World: Minimizing Risks, Maximizing Potentials”. September 1-3, 2010. Grand Convention Center, Cebu City.
Guest Speakers: Mr. Efren Penaflorida ( 2009 CNN Hero of the Year) and Dr. David Paperny
Overall Chair: Dr. Erlinda Susana Cuisia Cruz
7th Biennial Convention – “SONA: State of the Nation’s Adolescents” September 3-4, 2012. Diamond Hotel, Manila. Guest speaker Dr. Susan Sawyer. Overall Chair: Dr. Emma Llanto 8th Biennial Convention – “Pinoy Teen SOS: Seeking Opportunities and Solutions to adolescent health concerns” September 3-4, 2014. Marco Polo Hotel, Ortigas, Pasig City.
Guest Speaker: Commissioner Percival Cendana of National Youth Commission
Overall Chair: Dr. Florianne Valdes
9th Biennial Convention – “The Wild, Wired, World of Teens: Trends, Updates and Applications” September 28-29, 2016. Marco Polo Hotel, Ortigas, Pasig City.
Guest Speakers: Fr. Fidel Orendain, OSB; Atty. Margarita Ardivilla of UNICEF; Ysrael C. Diloy of Stairway Foundation
Overall Chair: Dr. Erlinda Susana Cuisia Cruz
Partnerships / Team UPs
- CPN- SAMPI Collaboration
- UNICEF – DOH- SAMPI AJA Collaboration
– Development of AJA Manual for DOH and the Manual for Trainors on the Use of the AJA Manual – By RMH Nancho, M. de Guzman, and ED Caparro
– Development of Handbook “Responding to Adolescent Health issues in Humanitarian Settings: An AJA-based Handbook for Primary Health Providers, ed. RMH. Nancho and EA Llanto
– Training of Health Providers in Borongan Samar
- ADEPT – AHDP- DOH – SAMPI Collaboration – Development of E-Learning Modules
- SAMPI as member of the AHDP TWG in 2016
- Intermed – SAMPI Scrap to Craft cooperation
- Traveling Symposia to PPS local chapters sponsored by partner pharmaceutical companies
Evening with the Experts
Started by Dr. Alicia B. Tamesis for the 10th year SAMPI Anniversary Celebration at Club Filipino, Greenhills on September 13, 2007.
“The Power of Appearance”
Speaker: Carolina D. Tan, Image Consultant
September 15, 2011 S.V. More Building, Scout Tuazon Cor. Roces Avenue. Q.C.
“The 21st Century Social Landscape of the Youth: The Role of Mentoring”
Speaker: Severina M. Villegas, PhD.
September 12, 2013 S.V. More Building, Scout Tuazon Cor Roces Avenue. Q.C.
TEEN HEALTH JOURNALS
– conceptualized by Dr. Socorro Zenilda Merle (First Adol Med fellow of PCMC); Dr. Emma A. Llanto was the editor of the first edition ever published on 2008 in partnership with MSD Pharmaceutical; Dr. Rosalia Buzon and Dr. Macario Galvez were the editors of the second edition published on 2010; and the latest edition was published on 2016
– initiated by Dr. Rosa Maria H. Nancho – sponsored by Pediatrica in collaboration with PPS Local chapters (show Map of Philippines then highlight areas visited)
– Bohol/ Naga/Dumaguete/Urdaneta, Pangasinan/ Davao / Tacloban / southern tagalog, Lipa Batangas/ Zamboanga
Foreign Collaboration and Inter-relations
Dr. Mutya San Agustin Shaw can be credited for her generosity in offering further training of Filipino pediatricians at the North Central Bronx-Montefiore Medical Center. Drs. Alicia Tamesis, Rosa Maria Nancho, Erlinda Cuisia Cruz, Leoncia Olonan, Florianne Valdes, and Ma. Jocelyn Quidlat received an international Fellowship in Ambulatory and Adolescent medicine through this program. Linkages with friends from Malaysia and Indonesia were initiated with plans to establish an ASEAN association of adolescent medicine physicians. Opportunity for training in Westmead Sydney, Australia with Drs. E.Llanto, Moses de Guzman, Deborrah Azan-Red, and Ester Iligan establishing further relationships with Drs. David Bennett, Susan Sawyer, and Sue Towns.
FOUNDING PRESIDENT: (1997-2000) ALICIA B. TAMESIS, MD
2ND PRESIDENT ( 2001 – 2004) ROSA MARIA H. NANCHO, MD
3RD PRESIDENT ( 2005 – 2006 ) AGNES B. TEOTICO, MD
4TH PRESIDENT ( 2007 – 2008 ) LEONCIA N. OLONAN, MD
5TH PRESIDENT ( 2009 – 2010) ROSALIA M. BUZON, MD
6TH PRESIDENT ( 2011 – 2012) EMMA A. LLANTO, MD
7TH PRESIDENT ( 2013 – 2014) MA. JOCELYN N. QUIDLAT, MD
8TH PRESIDENT ( 2015 – 2016) NERISSA M. DANDO, MD
9TH PRESIDENT ( 2017 – 2018) ERLINDA SUSANA S. CUISIA-CRUZ, MD